It’s that time of year in Charleston…the weather is so beautiful and all I want to do is sit on the porch with a glass of wine enjoying the breeze before the heat and humidity of the summer arrive! In a place like Charleston, outdoor spaces become just as important as the indoor ones because we spend so much time there. Why not make them just as beautiful and livable?
Here are 5 easy ways to spruce up your porch for spring!
- New Pillows: Just like on our indoor upholstery, it’s always nice too add a pop of color to outdoor seating with new throw pillows. You can find these almost anywhere in outdoor fabrics that can brave the elements. I love how this otherwise neutral palette is brightened up with these green and blue pillows!
Image From: Ballarddesigns.com
- A lightweight throw blanket: Along with pillows, a lightweight throw blanket can add color and texture to your upholstery. I love this cozy outdoor space!
Image from: hejdoll.com
- Greenery and Flowers: Succulents and orchids are some of my favorite plants to add to a porch. I love the fiddle leaf fig trees as well, which can be placed in a basket or fun colorful pot! The hanging baskets, pots and bright flowers add a punch to this light and airy porch.
Image From: www.theinspiredroom.com
- Accessories: A great tray on a coffee table or ottoman is the perfect place to do a quick vignette that displays some of your outdoor glassware or accents that you’ve picked up! Check out this simple wood tray with a few accessories to dress it up! (At the fabulous Zero George Hotel in Charleston!)
Photo from: www.maisondepax.com
- Furniture: A small garden stool or a new chair can add a lot to a space! I love these blue garden stools that they are using as a coffee table, but can also be used as additional seating.
Image From: www.decorologyblog.com